11 July, 2008

Ghiya Kheer - Indian Dessert

Photobucket

My mom makes a simply perfect kheer with Ghiya/lauki. The best thing about this kheer is that it is very healthy to eat, moreover its quick to make. The best thing about Ghiya Kheer is the salient creamy green colour. It cool green colour appeals me, the most. This dessert is very tasty and easy to digest. Serve it hot or cold to your guests, or just enjoy is dessert with the dinner. Check out the list of ingredients mention below to prepare this Indian dessert.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
  • Bottle Gourd (Ghiya or Lauki) - 250 Grams
  • Sugar - 200 gms
  • Milk - 500 gms
  • Green Cardamoms - 6Nos.
  • Cashew nut - 10-12 Nos.
  • Raisins - 10 gms.
Procedure of Making:

  1. Boil Milk in a deep pan for 15 Min. Non-stick pan shall be prefered.
  2. Keep stirring it occasionally on the slow flame.
  3. Wash, peel bottle gourd and grate it nicely.
  4. Add this grated lauki/ghiya to the boiling milk in the deep pan.
  5. Cook it, till the milk is reduced to half of the original quantity.
  6. Add sugar , raisins , cardamom powder and cook for 5 mins.
  7. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
  8. Garnish it with more of raisins and cashew nuts.

Serve it hot or cold to your guests, or just enjoy this dessert after the dinner. I like to eat it chill, in the morning. How do you like it, do write to me..!

Note: This blog, is to celebrate the spirit of summer with seasonal fruits and vegetables in the WBB–Summer Feast for July,08 announced by blog Monsoon Spice.

Photobucket

"I write the blog
not because
I need to but because
I want to."

..Blog Author

Hope you liked our article. Don't forget to share your view or link to us. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, Just passing by from your Blog... Was doing Google and found this... First thing your blog is very interesting.

    The next: "Gwar ki Phali" I am seeing after years. Since we don't get to see this in US. Good to see the recipe and catchy picture. I am certainly going to tell this "Gwar ki Phali" to my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment...
YOU Comment, I shall Follow You Back..
Hope U enjoy going through Humming Today

Love Unconditional!
Be Unconventional in the Willfull Way..
CELEBRATE LIFE..


Know more about me